- "Clean up after yourself. We're not your maids."
- "Make sure the refridgerator door is SHUT when you leave. This means pushing it closed."
- "Don't take things which don't belong to you."
- "Do NOT leave canned sodas in the freezer."
Now, two thoughts struck me this morning, looking at that last one.
- Rather than put up signs that treat us like children, why not fire those responsible for the events that inspired these?
- Our vending machine actually dispenses bottled sodas...
In response to that first point, I can think of two possibilities:
- These signs are retaliatory, designed to feed and perpetuate their maker's negativity. Each person to walk into that kitchen is treated as an enemy because they are an enemy. Look down on them, for they are not the sign maker.
- Those who go around eating others' food and leaving the refridgerator door open with canned soda in the freezer and food smeared on the walls and wrappers strewn across the floor? They outrank us. We're addressed as a group to avoid embarassing upper management.
And in response to the other point? We'll just have to try it, see if that's acceptable.