What's happened since then:
- Manager gives me a list, in the vaguest terms possible, of several dozen reports he wants to be able to run, each requiring a significant restructuring of the entire database, and a general rethinking of office workflow.
- Upper Management tells me not to create said reports, as we'll have to cut down a small rainforest every month to generate the amount of paper these are gonna eat.
- Three months pass without a mention.
And this morning?
- Upper Management forgets we had that conversation.
- Manager remembers he wants those reports.
I'll leave this one to the imagination...